Missional Initiatives at christ church:
We are a Compassionate, Christian, Community. What can we do that no one else is doing or can do? Provide a community to belong to where you will experience God and grow in faith.
At our core, the work we do at the CC Care Center is rooted in dignity - we know that all people are created in God’s image and have value and worth. We see caring for our community as a collaborative effort, where we help bridge connections between our participants and various organizations/services in order to provide sustained support for those struggling and those working to move themselves up and out of economic hardship, systemic brokenness, and difficult life issues. The CC Care Center is a ministry of Christ Church, a faith-based nonprofit.
- Compassionate: Provides immediate relief, helps, and support as outlined in guidelines. Walks long-term with individuals/families for the purpose of restoration, renewal, and redemption in all need areas (financial, vocational, emotional, spiritual, and physical) as agreed upon together
- Christian: All we do is in the name of Jesus and His Kingdom. We are not a transactional ministry (trading services for Jesus) therefore all aspects of the spiritual side of our ministry are voluntary and are not required for services.
- Community: We want to support our participants alongside others because change happens with the support of others. We can offer what no other public agency can offer: a spiritual community grounded in the love of God and each other. We are to be a place to belong, as part of the church, being the church
- Target Area: The Central West Bay of Rhode Island defined parts of North Kingstown north of the Jamestown Bridge, East Greenwich, and Warwick south of the airport.
- The Care Center is open the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Fridays of the month August through June.
- We are closed the 1st Friday of the month and for the month of August.
- We are closed the Friday of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- The 5th Friday of the month (when there is one) will be used for Volunteer development.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Assessment Team: this includes greeters, receptionist, intake coordinator and assessor, positions which use administrative skills.
- Resource Team: This team works alongside the Care Center to provide additional resources or referrals to resources that participants might need such as legal, medical, clothing, food, personal/household supplies, transportation.
- Coaching Team: The Coach provides support, encouragement, and enthusiasm to help the participant meet their goals. The Coach will walk with the participant in their struggles and frustrations.
- For more information on any of these positions, email the Care Center or call and leave a message (401.886.9251).
IF SEEKING HELP:
Please call 401.886.9251 and leave a message or email them at You can also find more information on their facebook page: www.facebook.com/ChristChurchCareCenter
The Furniture Connection accepts and distributes used furniture in good condition. They accept clean beds-queen/full/twin, bureaus, nightstands, small dining sets, love seats, chairs, coffee tables, lamps. They can be reached by calling 401.884.8632x151 or emailing .